Saturday 9 May 2009

french toast & marmalade jam

Even though I like trying to use varying culinary skills, I barely cook for myself during weekdays because of the lack of time to indulge myself in cooking - rather I prefer to spend that cooking time with reading my textbooks. lol Then, weekend should be the right time for me to feed myself well. Oh, yes, I cooked rump steak with caesar salad myself to celebrate my first tax return last night!

French toast is one of my favourite weekend breakfast menu for it is a good chance to rescue leftover bread which have been dry during the week. Actually I eat oat porridge for my daily breakfast, but I can't obviously have it every morning for seven days even if it is good for health.

Yes, I made french toast this morning and spoiled my toast with the marmalade jam I got from ALDI yesterday. The picture is the last piece of the breakfast and I enjoyed a lot. Then, I realise white bread is always nice for french toast as it gives soft texture when soaked in milk rather than multigrain bread I used to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment